Wednesday, January 27, 2010

God really does love to take care of His kids


So we have been living at Gabriel's parents since the 18th of January.. We've made it somewhat homey in their basement, I like it. The only I am a little concerned about is where the baby will fit haha... But who knows, maybe things will change and we will have our own place by then, if not we'll just have to move things around and get a little cozier. But the good news I wanted to share was about our apartment. We moved our by breaking our lease which means we were financially still responsible for paying the rent of each month until they found someone to move in.. Risky, I know but we figured if anything we could save by not having to pay utilities and for food, save on gas, by moving into his parents until it got rented. BUT the other day Gabriel got a call and they rented it out already! The new tenant/s move in on the 29th of January. That ALSO means that we'll be getting some money back for this month since we paid the rent at the beginning of the month for all of January!! God really loves to take care of His kids.. I mean, when we first decided to break our lease, my thinking was "gosh, there's so many what ifs. what if we were supposed to just do the 6 month lease and not the year lease, what if I was supposed to just get a job at mcdonalds or something and not wait for something that felt really right, why would God bless us like that if maybe we didn't make the right decision with the apartment?".....Trust me, my mind went on a lot longer but I'll save you the details because it doesn't really matter does it? I mean, it just shows that my thinking, my thought process is no where near the mind of God. He's so much more gracious and loving than we realize a lot of the time... Probably ALL the time. I prayed every time I thought about the apartment, "God I ask for your favor over our apartment and that you would rent it out right away" - And guess what? He did! I was thinking, oh maybe February or March, but someone is moving into our apartment 10 days after we moved out!!!


Gabriel and I in Africa..Before we were married, before we dated, before we even knew we liked each other... I just love these pictures and wanted to share a couple of them. We'll be back someday,
I'm sure of it.


2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you everything worked out with the apartment. Don't worry about being to cozy with the baby. You will want him/her close to you in the beginning anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you had a blog....want to talk cozy try 7 people in an RV! Cozy can be good! Remember it's only a season:)

    ReplyDelete