Friday, November 5, 2010

The Birth

 I haven't blogged in a while. Not that anyone really cares, who reads this anyway? Haha - We don't have a computer so it makes it challenging. Uriah is here! Our sweet baby boy, who at this very moment is waking up from a nap and I can hear him in the monitor.. So about the birth. I was in labor for about 26 hours, 12 of those hours I was at my midwife's house. Apparently I had "back labor," and that's supposed to be the worst, but I wouldn't really know because I've only had one baby... I wonder if it really matters anyway, I'm sure the other is just as excruciating as this was.. (By the way, in case you were wondering if Uriah woke up from his nap and I am just leaving him there, your heart can stop worrying because he was just squirming). So after many hours, Uriah John Thompson arrived into the world.. Wow what an amazing experience... Did this little, well, actually quite big, human being just come out of me?! Haha.. Was HE the one that punched, kicked and wiggled his way around in my belly for 39 weeks? Was this the sweet boy that was squished in there for what seemed like forever!? Now he's actually here. I can smell him, kiss him, touch his toes, rub his head, squish his cheeks... Okay I guess I'll put a picture up just to show you how perfect he is.


I know right? Pretty beautiful if I do say so myself... So now, we're learning how to take care of this amazing child from God. I find myself wanting to do everything right, I don't want to make a mistake with him, but I will... That's why we have the Father right? I just have to keep reminding myself of that. I'm going to make mistakes, I'm not going to be a "perfect mother." There's no such thing.. I love spending every day with Uriah, he is such a joy. And when I feel like, "wow I could use a little break to myself" he does something, smiles, toots, snorts, and I fall in love with him again and forget that I "wanted time to myself."
Well, I'll be back someday to post something else. Hopefully this time it won't be months and months later. I'm hoping to share some things I've been cooking up in the kitchen next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment